Thursday, October 29, 2015

The (Not So) Royal Couple


      Charles & Camilla are getting married tomorrow. It seems the Queen of England won’t be present for the civil ceremony. (And I don’t blame her).

      Now you don’t want to get me started, since I think royalty is a “crock” anyway. Those who call themselves by that high and mighty name, at least in Great Britain, ought to be royally ashamed. One is hard pressed to think of these folks stringing too many days together; without some kind of scandal.

      Evidently The Church of England, (which has seen its share of scandal among royalty) has reached a compromise with the prince. For I understand that the couple is being required to make a verbal confession of their sins, in an attempt to solicit God’s blessings on their marriage. The language of that confession is extremely humbling and specific, if I can believe my FOX news anchorman.
 
      No one reading this blog could be unaware of the royal "dilly-dallyings" of Charles and Diana during their brief, and ludicrous marriage. They both "played the field," and if they had been given positive grades for their negative antics, an A Plus would not have been sufficient. (And by way of footnote, the princess happened to be a distant cousin of mine).
 
     Who can forget Diana's BBC interview? Sad and Specific were the order of the day. While each of the marital partners had been unfaithful to the other, the princess seemed to major on her husband's discrepancies; (and perhaps he was the first to cheat. We cannot be sure).

      Charles went into the “Royal Marriage” with a long-standing “crush” on Camilla Parker Bowles, someone else’s wife; (so reminiscent of King David, and all of that.) It seems when the two were much younger, Camilla approached Charles after a polo match in which he’d participated. It has been reported that she said,

“Charles, I thought it was time we met. You realize, don’t you, that we’re long-lost cousins.”

      It seems the prince’s great grandfather had an extra-marital affair, (here we go again) from which sprang Camilla’s side of the royal family.” 
 
     As a man, I just can't identify with what Charles has been thinking all these years. I mean, when you compare the wife he had, with the mistress he desired; there's just no comparison!


     I, for one, am in favor of “canning” the whole lot of those pitiful creatures we humble ourselves to call royalty. But I’m not being too charitable here, am I?

    Infidelity is rampant in our culture. I suppose a full half of divorces must be the result of people lusting after “strange flesh.” In my counseling practice, I deal with this “issue” all the time. Oh, the hurt. Oh, the pain such behaviors cause people. And, Oh, how unnecessary.

     I hasten here to add that I am nobody’s judge. We “have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.” But if we take royalty as our example, (or numerous clients with whom I’ve dealt) some people seem to be working hard at remaining in a quagmire.

     God grant us the wisdom and the wherewithal to remain faithful to those we love.

 By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 13

 **I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog    
    

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment