Monday, October 26, 2015

A New Study by the American Cancer Society


Today the American Cancer Society came out with a new study which reports some startling numbers.

It seems those who eat processed foods, such as bacon, sausage and hot dogs on a regular basis have a 17 percent greater risk of developing cancer during the course of their lifetimes.

And if we are to believe the report, them who eat red meat on a regular basis have a 16 percent greater risk of contracting the disease.

Another (not surprising) report by the ACS reminds us that smokers face a 2,000 percent greater risk than non-smokers of developing cancer.

And while neither these, nor any other known statistics address the death rate of another group linked to the consumption of meat, it occurs to me that there is one classification which, sadly, experiences a 100 percent rate of mortality.

… the pigs and the cows!
 
Gotcha!!!
 
(And while there is nothing funny about cancer, as my wife and I have experienced it, I think it is important to find some humor in the midst of a myriad of studies involving the same disease; all of which cannot possibly be correct).
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 13

**I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment