Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mom, I'd Be Happy to Have Someone Come Over and Kill You


John Cleese, one of the stars of “Monty Python” tells a true story related to his late mother.

It seems in the waning years of his mother’s life she often repeated a particular phrase which he grew to detest.

“Son, I’m just so tired of life, and pain and the trappings of being old. I just want to die!”

Finally, after hearing the oft repeated phrase one too many times, and while talking to her on the phone, John responded.

“Well Mom, I know of a little guy in east London who contracts to knock people off. If you really want to die I can have him come over and kill you! I mean, if you really want to die.”

There was a long pause on the phone, and suddenly Mr. Cleese’ mother began to chuckle, and then broke out into a long and hearty laugh.


I think we don’t always say exactly what we mean.
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 13

 **I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog

 

No comments:

Post a Comment