Friday, October 23, 2015

Be There!


     Be There!”

     Dr. James Dobson, former president of Focus on the Family, and who I have had the privilege of meeting, reminds his children and his grandchildren often. This subject seems to weigh on his mind. He admits verbalizing these two little words every time he has the opportunity.

     A  random conversation with one of his loved ones goes just about like this:

     “Honey, I’ve got to talk to you about the most important subject

     in life. Could you give me a couple of minutes?”

 
     “Sure, Granddad.”


     “Well, there’s a wonderful place that God has prepared for us, and He

      sent His Son to tell us more about that place. Jesus lived on earth

      awhile and then died for our sins on the cross. He’s waiting for us in

      His Father’s home. And Honey, I’ll be going there to meet Him,

      probably before you get there. I’ll be waiting just inside those

      pearly gates.”

 
      His two closing words are both simple, and compelling…


      “Be There!”
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "Unconventional Devotions" Copyright 2005

**I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment