Friday, October 23, 2015

Reunited (and It Feels so Good)!


I was speaking to another animal lover recently. I shared my still-lingering heartache with her. Melodi was able to come along side, since Her Little Palmer died several years ago. And there are the emotions and those things that still trigger her memories. We rattled on for well over half an hour, and she said the most amazing thing… “Bill, I’m convinced that you’ll see Your Little Buddy again. I’m sure she’ll be in heaven waiting for you.” Those words encouraged me, and were “for such a time as this,” since I’ve thought about that possibility a lot since she left us. And I’ve questioned how heaven can be heaven if our dear little pets aren’t allowed there.

 

    Oh, the thrill. Oh, the delight. If God allows me to see My Princess and My Buddy again. (Princess was my first dog; a black and white Cocker Spaniel. She was hit by a dump truck. Could it have been half a century ago? And of course, Buddy just recently went on to her reward). But perhaps Our Saviour will smile, and beckon with His hand, as if to say, “Well, Bill there they are. What are you waiting for? There’s fields and flowers and trees aplenty. Go for it. Romp and run and carry on. Love Those Wonderful Little Puppies of yours for all you’re worth." And with this I’ll turn and My Two Most Favorite Creatures will be looking up at me, expectantly; eyes shining, ears twitching and tails wagging. And my heart will skip a few beats, and I’ll scoop them up into my arms; one in each, and they’ll rest contentedly against my shoulders. And best of all… we’ll remember one another and the love we knew will be undimmed and stronger for the years we’ve missed.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "Unconventional Devotions" Copyright 2005

**I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog

No comments:

Post a Comment