Sunday, October 25, 2015

Taking God for Granted


     Mohammed Ali was convinced that Divinity was on his side, and his words flew fast and furious that night, as he went up against his worthy contender. 
 
 
     “Joe, fall down. Go down, Joe. God is on my side. You’re going to lose. The Great and Mighty God has told me you can’t win. He will cut you down tonight.”

 

      Well, Joe was a bit incredulous, as he responded.

 

      “Listen, Mohammed. I hate to disillusion you, but God is about to get his _ _ _ beat.”

 

      Sure enough, the fighter with the biggest mouth… lost.



      I think sometimes we take God for granted. We think we have Him all figured out. We expect Him to fight all our battles, and our definition of fair must assuredly be His definition.

 

     Mohammed Ali learned a hard lesson that night.

 

     We needn’t live very long to learn the same lesson. God cannot be trifled with, nor can He be tucked away in a box of our own creation. E’er too long we will learn the lessons of disillusionment and confusion.

 

     And while no one will ever whip His A _ _, our petty expectations of Him may be knocked around pretty badly.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "Unconventional Devotions" Copyright 2005

**I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog

No comments:

Post a Comment