Friday, October 23, 2015

Our Participation


I was watching an interview on FOX news once, a few years ago, and the anchorman was speaking to a priest, and the topic happened to be the late pope, who has just passed away at the time.

The priest began to speak about the sufferings of the pope, how that after the assassination attempt he suffered pain the rest of his life, and as John Paul aged he developed Parkinson's Disease which was extremely debilitating, as well. And yet for all his suffering, the pope continued to travel and minister to his people.

Near the end of the interview the priest quoted Colossians 1:24, "Filling up in my own body the unfinished sufferings of Christ."

And the newsman said, "I don't understand. What is unfinished about Christ' sufferings?"

To which the kindly priest, with a sad twinkle in his eye, responded...

"Our Participation”
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "Reflections"

**I ask that if you copy and paste my blogs, share or download them to your hard drive that you include my name and source line which I always include at the bottom of each blog

No comments:

Post a Comment