Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Let Not Your Hand Tremble


There are many movies about Time Travel. I love “The Time Machine” and “Somewhere in Time.” I guess we’ve all dreamed about traveling to another time and place.


     But there aren’t any time machines, as much as I wish there were. I, for one, would love to visit Robert E. Lee in April 1865, just before he signed the document that ended the Civil War. I’d stand amazed as the Jesus of John Chapter 11 raised Lazaras from the dead. It would be an excruciating honor to watch Paul willingly lay his head on Caesar’s chopping block.

     No, there aren’t any time machines, though Einstein promoted the theory. And I seriously doubt one will be invented in my lifetime, or in the lifetimes of my children or their children’s children.

    But in a sense we live and breathe in the ongoing confines of life’s time machine. For we are ever moving forward into an unwritten, unknown future.

    And I’m convinced that God gives us the inestimable privilege of cooperating with Him, and of writing our own future. For in a very tangible way, we are the authors of our future, as we sense God’s Will and go about to do it.

    There are numerous scriptures that refer to fulfilling God’s plans, to being clay in the Hands of a goal-oriented God.

     I for one would hate to reach the zenith of my life and realize that I had “written poorly.” I would hate to reach the ripe old age of 83 to realize that my hand had trembled in the writing, and that page after page contained little more than “hen scratches,” ink blotches, and illegible words.

 
    God gives us a new and unblemished page with each new day. Let us consider the shortness of our days, and the words we write in those eternal journals.
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 9

 

No comments:

Post a Comment