Thursday, September 24, 2015

Finishing My Destiny


I think too few Christians are “taken up” with their destiny (or destinies, if my figure of speech is incorrect). We are simply too busy living, and our priorities are messed up. We give more time to the pursuit of earning the almighty dollar than to The Almighty, Himself. We spend more of our efforts on putting together a Saturday picnic than we give to prayer and scripture in the preceding week. We chance upon a perfect opportunity to share the Gospel, and we neglect his or her eternal reward, (or lack thereof) for fear we might offend someone’s momentary sensibilities.

And we’ve all been there. No of us are immune to these fallacies of the flesh.

So often I have to remind myself that it’s time to “ante up and kick in.” Time is passing, and none of us are getting any younger. I realize that my remaining time here is a fraction of the time I have already been privileged to live.

For some time now I have prayed,

“Lord, help me fulfill the destiny which remains to me. Don’t let me miss it.”

Please, don’t let me miss whatever impact I might still extend towards your people, and among those whom have yet to come to a saving knowledge of the Truth.
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 8

No comments:

Post a Comment