Monday, September 28, 2015

GULLIBLE

As I was scanning the homepage of Facebook this evening I came across post after post, disclaimer after disclaimer, left by dozens of my 800 plus or minus "friends;" the jest of which conveyed the following message.

"I hereby notify Facebook and its subordinate entities that they are hereby precluded from using any photos or information posted on my personal page; in accordance with statute # (so & so). Failure to adhere to my stated wishes will result in

... a catastrophic cyclone that will devastate 6 of the 7 continents of the world

(or)

the sudden loss of Colonel Sander's secret recipe containing his world famous herbs and spices."

Well, you get the idea.

I mean how gullible can we be to believe that an organization such as Facebook, (or Google or Yahoo or Verizon, for that matter) which regularly shares copious amounts of data with our government's National Security Agency, can be required, constrained or expected to not do whatever it jolly well pleases with any and all photos, videos and audios we entrust to it?

GULLIBLE

(The only word which immediately springs to my mind).

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 9

(Also see my later post, "Elvis Has Lunch With Bigfoot")




No comments:

Post a Comment