Saturday, September 19, 2015

Coincidence or Providence?


My wife and I were talking this morning about our dear little Shih Tzu, Queenie. We inherited her a couple of years ago as the result of the little creature having walked up into a friend’s yard during a thunder storm. “Jim” and “Janie” already had a couple of dogs, and they didn’t have room for another one. And since we had previously once owned an almost duplicate Shih Tzu, it seemed good to me  to take this one off their hands.

Oddly enough, our dearly departed Buddy, (also a female, in spite of her name) wandered up into our own yard a decade and a half before her lookalike made her appearance in our friend’s yard. And to put another paradoxical spin on the scenario, Shih Tzu’s are expensive dogs, and are not “throw away” pets; (unlike too many of the cats and dogs roaming our streets and alleyways).

Coincidence? I suppose I put a providential spin on most everything in life. Whether coincidence or providence, we have been blessed with the presence of these precious pooches, and our lives would have been incomplete without them.

(If any of my readers would like an e-copy of a volume I wrote in memory of “My Little Buddy,” you may email me at williamteomi@gmail.com)

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment