Monday, December 7, 2015

The Next President of the United States?

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is using all the means at his disposal to curry favor with the Black community. This time, Trump had a meeting of prominent ministers who proceeded to pray for him. During the prayer, ministers laid hands on Trump, spoke in tongues, and asked God for a “strong African American that will stand with him.”
 


To say that Trump looked uncomfortable surrounded by evangelical and prosperity ministers is a mild understatement. The groups did almost everything but anoint Trump with oil and sing an old-time gospel hymn. Trump has previously made statements about his faith and said that he is Protestant.


But Trump also stated he never has asked for God’s forgiveness.


“I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so … I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t,” he said.


(from a current news article)


As someone who has heretofore loved and respected Dr. David Jeremiah, (if not so much some of the other ministers, evangelists and “prosperity preachers” in the room, including Paula White,) I don’t mind saying,


I’m not only surprised, but offended.


Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for praying for any candidate for nomination to such a high office as President of the United States; be they Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or Atheist.


… In the sanctity of your own bedroom, or in the context of a non-publicized meeting.


But the publicized, video-taped, distinguished assemblage of 40 men and women “of the cloth” praying aloud for ONE candidate, (among the approximately 20 other candidates running for the same office,) and one who not only takes every opportunity to laud and applaud himself, and displays not a whit of humbleness, but who has admittedly never “brought God into the picture” of his life.


As one particular character was heard to exclaim in the movie, “BIG,”


… “I Don’t Get It !!!”
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 9. Vol.'s 1-15, Copyright 2015

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment