Sunday, December 27, 2015

His Providential Care (or Not)



I have written a couple of previous blogs on the topic of God’s providential care (as well as, the lack thereof,) but the topic is never far from my thoughts.

For you see, several members of my high school class, as well as the one before, and after it, died prior to, or just after graduation. Precious young people with names such as, Beth P. and Jerry T. and Glennis P. and Robbie H.

Yet when I say, “the lack thereof,” it seems to me that if not even a falling sparrow escapes His awareness, we can be assured that the death of a little one can be no exception.

Though for the life of me I will NEVER understand the loss of such multiple, amazing, raw potential. To have never realized the wherewithal to live out a full and impactful life.

… And yet, and yet

that dynamic, that “lack thereof” continues to operate, and will not be denied.

Having escaped death’s cold hand multiple times throughout the previous three seasons of my life, I have, thus far, found myself in that category of “providential care.” (And how can I complain)? 

I can only exalt and say, “Blessed be the name of the Lord,” and plead for the privilege and opportunity to stand in the stead of those who have gone on before me, and to do some of those things that they might have done 

… had Providence otherwise decided.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 21. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment