Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Dash of Color in the Sun

Not long ago I was in my back yard, and happened up on a tile I had placed in the spot in which my little Buddy, a beautiful white Shih Tzu, used to lounge in the sun.

Strangely enough, as I looked down a dash of color greeted my eye.
 

Upon closer examination I noticed it was a tiny wild violet. Its purple color contrasted with the green sea of grass, and I thought how fitting it was that in the entire expanse of my "back 40" that this little flower had chosen this very spot to spring up.

And my first thought upon seeing this wee bit of flora was,

"How kind our Lord is to celebrate the value of that little creature I held so dear with this flowery tribute, and how precious that He allowed me to join Him in that momentary memorial."



 By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 11. Vol.s 1-15, Copyright 2015

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment