Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Barney Fife Faces



I once read a piece written by Don Knott’s daughter. In it she tells how this consummate character actor would lock himself in his bedroom, and spend literally hours practicing his best “Barney Fife” faces for the Andy Griffith Show. 

I was reminded of this old story while visiting my elderly mother in the hospital today. A thirty-something female doctor walked in and proceeded to update me on my mother’s progress, (or lack thereof).

To say she bore a professional demeanor, and wore a classic countenance would be an understatement.

I can only wonder if young doctors spend as much time practicing their “faces” in front of their bedroom mirrors, as Barney Fife once did.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 20. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save this blog, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment