Saturday, December 5, 2015

Here I Stand. I Can Do No Other


For the life of me I’ll never understand one current version of pleasing God, and impacting mankind.

I mean, I have been in the “business” of pleasing God, and impacting my generation for good for well over 20 years,

… and I like my version better.

And without “naming names,” since I believe one brand of radicalism and anarchism is as bent in the wrong direction as another; whether they “wear the name tags” of Islam, Christianity, Judaism or Hinduism.

I simply cannot comprehend how carving heads off shoulders, setting innocent hostages on fire, making wives of 12 year old girls, looting the riches of a nation’s banks, or blowing up ancient archaeological ruins affords the faithful the slightest potential for pleasing the God of all creation; no more so than poisoning 900 men, women and children who once participated in a failed ecclesiastical kingdom in the jungles of South America.

Au Contraire

No, I honestly think I’m on to something here, since I choose to believe the words of the God-man, the very Savior of the world, who more than once, and in so many words, admonished His followers to “love the lost, feed the hungry, and to do good to them who persecute you.”

And that is what I have been about, and this is what “the giants upon whose shoulders I stand” were about before me. Making a difference, touching lives, speaking kindness, encouraging the hopeless.

We live in a demented world in which the definitions of good and bad have been reversed, and where evil men have participated in utter hideousness, and the most despicable behavior in the history of the “civilized” world; in the name of pleasing a God who refuses to be pleased.

I believe there is a God in heaven who has a long memory, and who if faithful to reward good, and punish evil; and I cannot imagine providing Him a list of the sort of personal behavior which is popular in parts of the Mideast today.

No, my friend. I choose to put my faith in the God of the Bible, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and His singular version of pleasing the Creator of the universe.

 As the famous theologian once said,

… “Here I stand. I can do no other.”
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 18. Copyright pending
If you wish to copy, share or "save" please include the credit line, above

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment