Tuesday, January 17, 2017

YEARNING TO REMAIN. Afterward



 Where after all, has time gone? Why, only yesterday I captured fly flies in a bottle, retrieved mulberries off a feral tree by the railroad track, and (inadvisably) ran with the neighborhood rag-a-muffins behind the mosquito spray truck; which covered our neighborhood with that dense, white toxic fog.


Now, at the grand old age 2/3 of a century, my classmates and I are about to celebrate the passing of half a century since we walked the infield median of the circular track where I ran with the best of them. My once strong, youthful body has rearranged itself a bit, and in spite of the years, and the increased girth of my trunk and extremities, I fancy myself stronger than multiplied decades hence.

But so like my fathers before me, I must certainly shed the proverbial shackles which presently constrain me, and separate me from the face of a loving Savior, and my certain reward.


It occurs to me that this ‘yearning to remain’ and the potential for me to do so, is dependent on the choices I make and the actions I take today; since once I have passed from the good earth my wherewithal to leave something, anything of myself behind will be 


…as intangible and insubstantial as I have suddenly become.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 50. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin



















No comments:

Post a Comment