Saturday, January 14, 2017

PEDALING THE GLOBE - Afterward



 Of course, now I’m too old to

pedal a bike like I did at half my age.


And admittedly, I pedal the local highways and byways

alone…


although some friends

think I shouldn’t.


But when I am alone

in the darkness of O-dark-thirty…


all existence seems to fade into

a 10 mile stretch of concrete…

upon which I give my time and efforts


And the ethereal sounds of silence

and bless-ed solitude


And an hour devoted to

a routine which never grows old…

and which I must pursue.



By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 49. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.
************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin


No comments:

Post a Comment