Saturday, January 14, 2017

PEDALING THE GLOBE. Pt. 1

Several years ago I made a decision to begin a regimen of pedaling with the duel goals of increasing my general physiological health and losing a significant amount of weight.

As a result, I made a subsequent decision to pedal 5-6 days a week between 4-6am, and to confine my pedaling to the local sidewalks; given the obvious hazards of cycling in the bike lane. (I can only imagine how many cyclists have died attempting to pedal two feet away from traffic whizzing past at 70 mph).

I can tell you that during the course of the last four years, 3 months and eleven days I have faithfully practiced this exercise routine, and I have achieved my goal of increasing the state of my physiological health and losing a significant amount of weight. 

For you see, my cholesterol readings have fallen substantially, and my weight has decreased from just short of 250 to 197. Well, ‘truth in advertising’ demands that I divulge that I have regained about half of the weight I initially lost. (Newton might easily have come up with a 4th law which states, “The more weight one loses as the result of an extreme exercise routine, the more weight one is likely to regain as the result of one’s propensity to eat more than one did before one began the exercise routine in the first place).

Almost two thousand miles ago, (you can imagine I think in terms of mileage) I wrote a blog about some of the amazing experiences I’ve had ‘out there’ on the sidewalk at ‘O-dark-thirty’ in the morning.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 49. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin



No comments:

Post a Comment