Tuesday, January 10, 2017

GOD'S SPECIAL POSSESSION. (A.K.A. DECLARING HIS PRAISES) Pt. 4



My co-counselor of 10 years, Sherri Nicely, and I once had the task of turning an upstairs Sunday School classroom into a counseling office. After painting the room it occurred to Sherri to add a ceiling border. Promising she would stop by a local home improvement store on the way home, we parted ways with the expectation of meeting the next day. 


I came across a few feet of the unused border recently, and smiled.

For you see, printed in color across the length of the wallpaper were  multiple representations of Da Vinci’s “Creation of Adam.” (I hasten to add, however, that one particular feature of Adam’s anatomy contrasted with the original, and had been ‘feminized’ in order to guarantee his modesty). 


God and Adam almost touching fingertips. Whereas, the painter of the Sistine Chapel had labeled his masterpiece, “The Creation of Adam,” for the sake of my counseling clientele I referred to it as, “Man Cooperating With God.”


As I previously inferred, the passages I alluded to in the initial segment of this treatise were so much like that invisible, but very tangible hand on my shoulder. I can tell you, it definitely got my attention!


Not only did the ‘chosen’ and ‘special possession’ parts of the scriptural passages ring true, but equally so, the strong allusion to our joint responsibility to work with God for a common outcome.





“Offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”


(and)


“That you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” 

Each and every believer has been called to service. Each and every believer has been called to holiness. Each and every believer has been called to 'sing His praises;' which is best evidenced by the life we choose to live. Each and every believer has been called to fulfill the destiny that God dreamed for him or her… before He made the worlds.





While scripture is clear that only the shed blood of Christ is sufficient to save us from the penalty of sin, we have been given the inestimable privilege of 


…cooperating with Him.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 49.


Copyright pending. If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.
************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin


Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin

No comments:

Post a Comment