Sunday, February 12, 2017

I'LL BE BACK. Pt. 3


You preserve both people and animals. Psalm 36:6

Strangely enough, the same thing happened to me!

For you see, one night after I retired for bed I felt ‘something’ settle against my right shoulder. Perhaps ‘settle’ is the wrong word. It was just suddenly there. This weight. While my room is pitch black after the lights are out, there was no mistaking the presence of an entity other than myself. And then, and then what seemed to be respiration. Whatever lay next to me was breathing. In and out. In and out.

A few nights later,

...She was back. 

Suddenly, something was lying against my feet. There was no mistaking the weight of what by now I was convinced was none other than my little Buddy. I had been given the distinct honor of another nocturnal visit from my beloved pooch.

Oddly enough, there was no fear, and it was something I had hoped might happen again.

Fast forward several months.

As with most pet owners who have lost a pet it took me quite some time to begin to ‘get over’ the loss of my little Buddy. One night as I was walking, and that very moment thinking about my precious pooch, and passing the house which borders my own,

…I saw her.

My beloved Buddy was walking across the street ten feet in front of me! 

And upon reaching my neighbor’s yard, the tiny white creature before me simply dematerialized.

I cannot account for the visitations of my beloved little dog, and have not attempted to account for them. They simply were. Whether my Buddy literally appeared in my bedroom, and subsequently in the street before me, or whether the phantom experiences were simply a gift from God, almost cinematic in context, I cannot say.

Whatever the case, I am gratified to have participated in these unique experiences, and they have convinced me of the reality of life after death; not only for those loved ones who have gone on before me, but for my beloved pets, as well.


It’s convenient for me to believe that My Buddy now basks in The Light that will never fade. In that place where basking and stretching and lingering knows neither beginning nor ending. I think the grasses must be lusher there. I think the flowers must be fairer there. I think the wind must be more winsome there. I think.


And though her master has given way to her Master, and though my care has given way to His care, no one bids her, “Come inside.” No voice bids her leave her solitary solitude. “Come in the house” is never verbalized, since she is in The House.


And such fantasies comfort me like none other. And I am too close to counting them reality. I just want, No I just expect to see My Little Buddy again. I can’t imagine not doing so.


I dreamed about My Little Friend last night; the first dream of its kind since her passing. And it occurs to me that it’s already nebulous to me. Seems like the dream involved heaven. Seems like it included My Buddy. Seems like The Master was trying to tell me something. Seems like.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 51. Copyright pending

Final passage from the volume, "My Little Buddy" by William McDonald. Copyright 2017

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin


Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin


No comments:

Post a Comment