Saturday, February 11, 2017

GAINING MILEAGE. GAINING WEIGHT. Pt. 2



Post-script

The deed is done. 

12,450.80 miles. Did I claim tonight’s 20+ miles would require 3 hours to complete? (Well, it took 3 hours to complete). Not too shabby for a rather slow bicycle, (and bicyclist).

About halfway to my turnaround point I pedaled past an immense field of hundreds of acres which a large marketing conglomerate plants in strawberries on an annual basis. And I reflected how odd it is that the most pleasant and least pleasant of smells seem so much more ‘there there’ in the wee hours of the morning. For you see, the sweet, red fruit, (or are they vegetables) emitted such a lovely perfume which permeated the nocturnal breeze.

And it occurred to me that among other food items the tasty delicacy which flooded the morning air with its fragrance represented a good example of why yours truly has experienced difficulty maintaining his weight. Strawberry Short Cake. Ice Cream. Candy Bars. Mashed Potatoes. Macaroni & Cheese. Soft Drinks.


At this juncture I have pedaled the equivalent distance of halfway around the earth. God grant me the wherewithal over the second half of my quest to refocus on the variables, (distance, endurance, conditioning and weight loss) which led me to undertake this mission in the first place.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 51. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin


Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin




No comments:

Post a Comment