Saturday, February 11, 2017

GAINING MILEAGE. GAINING WEIGHT. Pt. 1



It all began on October 20, 2012. Today is February 11, 2017.

Over the past 4 years, 3 months and 21 days I have pedaled 10 and sometimes 20 miles a day, 5-6 days a week. And as of three hours from now, (since I am preparing to go out) I will have accumulated 12,450.80 miles. 

You might wonder about the decimal point.  You see, it will be necessary for me to pedal 20.8 miles this morning to complete a close approximation of half the circumference of the globe; (it being a total distance of 24,901.55 miles).

In my quest to accumulate distance, endurance, conditioning and weight loss I initially lost a full 50+ pounds; falling from an all-time high of 250 lbs. to 197 lbs. However, (and ‘however’ is always a word which bears great import) I have regained approximately half of the weight which I originally lost. No doubt, after my initial good results I tended to eat more of the wrong things and corresponding calories to compensate, and my body’s aging metabolism has consistently shifted into a progressively lower gear; (to use a racing metaphor).

Thus, while I am inestimably proud of my upcoming personal mileage record, and all that it entails, I admit to being profoundly disappointed with my inability to maintain the weight loss of which I was also so inestimably proud.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 51. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin






No comments:

Post a Comment