Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Scale is Tipped


As a pastoral counselor and mentor it can be difficult, after having expended great care and effort, and getting close to people to see them walk away, or worse yet, kick you to the curb. Regrettably, however, this is the nature of the beast.

No doubt, it would be easier to recluse myself away, or (preferably) if those upon whom I invested so much care and concern would reciprocate in kind. But this isn’t the real world, and sadly, more often than not, it doesn’t work this way.

One sage made the statement that “you win some and you lose some.” Lately it seems I’ve lost more of “the some” than I’ve gained, but as excruciating as it has been to lose some, my personal scale is still tipped in favor of making a difference in lives.
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment