Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Carrying His House On His Shoulders


As I chanced upon a short video today, I saw something which I never expected to see.

A walking octopus. (Yes, a walking octopus).

And he (or she) was carrying a house! (Well, to be fair, a clam shell). Amazingly, the little sea creature was walking across the ocean bottom on two of its eight legs carrying the clam shell with him. Once he arrived at what he (apparently) considered the proper site for his ad-lib home, the multi-legged sea creature deposited his load, summarily climbed aboard, and proceeded to draw the two halves of the shell around him.

I like to think I’m a well-rounded, learn-ed individual, but I’ve never considered that wild animals owned anything; the way humankind possesses an object. But here, right in front of God and everybody, was a wild underwater creature toting around for what passed as a house.

The exploits of this little “spider of the deep” reminds me of a well-known scripture passage:










    (Matthew 6:25-33)

After having watched that little fella tot around its mobile home, I will never think of this scriptural passage the same again.
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 5

No comments:

Post a Comment