Sunday, August 2, 2015

U Pee Essing in My Dreams


I continue to dream this recurring dream, and have dreamed it over the course of almost twenty years since I retired from United Parcel Service.

I find myself in the back of my big brown truck, (known in the trade as a “package car) sorting through the few remaining packages which remain. The sun is low on the horizon, and I have very little time left to divest myself of the boxes before heading back into the UPS center. And strangely enough, every one of the packages which remain bear addresses which are unknown to me.

Running late and hopelessly deterred from completing my task.

I happen to be an amateur dreamologist, and this dream, which I dream at least once a month, has fascinated me. Interpretation? As far as I’m concerned, the meaning is clear since I’ve long since learned you don’t want to make a dream’s interpretation anything but simple.

I think there is something innate built into (at least caring and sensitive) men and women which calls out to them to complete whatever task God has appointed them to do on this earth. And I believe my dream is all about that part of me which is anxious about not having time to fulfill the plans my Creator has woven into my spirit.

But I believe people of faith can rest assured that, (if we cooperate with Him) God will give us grace and help to fulfill those things He has called us to do. After all, I have His promise that,

“Our Lord will accomplish that which concerns me” (Psalms 138:8)

and

“Faithful is He who has called you, and He will also do it” (1st Thess. 5:24)

I choose to believe God, rather than the dream.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment