Tuesday, January 1, 2019

REMEMBERING GILDA RADNER


Gilda Radner, the famous comedienne, left us far too early at the young age of 43. She assumed many roles in her tenure here, especially on Saturday Night Live. (Back when it was funny, and not so vulgar).

One of the characters Gilda portrayed was Rosanna Rosanna Dana.

During one segment of SNL, Radner’s Rosanna was reading questions from her fictional TV fans. The skit went something like this.

(Rosanna Rosanna Dana reading letter)

“Dear Rosanna Rosanna Dana, I am a middle-aged man living in Newark. I have been suffering a number of ailments, and would like your opinion.

“I have acne, am balding, have lost most of my teeth, I sweat too much, have chronic constipation, I fall asleep in my easy chair several times a day, my feet smell even after I wash them, and I have gas. What would you recommend? Sincerely, Henry Shufflebottom.”

(Rosanna Rosanna Dana responds)

“Dear Mr. Shufflebottom, you sound like an attractive guy!

I think you should stay in New Jersey!”

No comments:

Post a Comment