Monday, May 8, 2017

REMEMBER, YOU HAVE PEOPLE HERE. Pt. 4



Pt. 4

In the past couple of weeks I was chatting with EM on the instant messaging feature of the social media site to which we each subscribe. It was at this point that my newfound friend presented my wife and I a standing invitation to visit her; should we ever find ourselves in her “neck of the woods.”

The words she used were remarkable for their tenor and construction.

“Remember that

…you have people here.”

I don’t mind saying that I was almost dumbfounded; not by the invitation, per se, but as the result of the words with which the invitation was proffered.

Have I mentioned that Jane and EM and I are Christians? (Well, we are). And I think, no, I am sure, that the bond which exists between us, (and between every other child of the Most High God) is chiefly the result of the relationship which we have previously established with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

“Remember that you have people here.”

How absolutely precious.

How absolutely amazing.

How absolutely inviting.

Whether I come, or whether I go, or whether I ever manage to make it to New York City again in the course of my lifetime, there is one thing I know, and of which I can be sure.

My friends, I have people there.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 54. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line. 

***********
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All of my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin






No comments:

Post a Comment