Monday, May 8, 2017

A THESIS ON THE CAREER HOMELESS. Pt. 4




Given my moderate understanding of the issue, I am the first to admit I don’t have all the answers. Given what I do understand about the subject, I am reticent to put a ‘ten spot’ or even a $1 dollar bill into the jar of the shabbily dressed fellow who stands in the median on a daily basis, or who approaches me in the Walmart parking lot.

Some have said,

“You don’t have to know how he or she is going to spend the money. You should give out of a loving heart and God will take care of the rest.”

Well, let them give. I can’t. I’m convinced that 90 percent of the money dropped into the jars, or bags or boxes held by shabbily dressed men and women who stand in the medians of our highways is exchanged for liquid refreshment or a needle.

Jesus spoke of the wheat and the weeds.

24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’” (Matthew 13)

(to be continued)

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 54. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line. 

***********
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All of my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin




No comments:

Post a Comment