Monday, May 15, 2017

A CAT IN THE ROAD


My wife and I both happen to have had relatives who fought for the opposing sides during the Civil War, and curiously enough, both passed through Cedar Key. As a result, one weekend we took a road trip, and stayed overnight on the island.

While we were there, I substituted walking for biking, and went out just before sunrise and walked about 3 miles. On my way back to my room I came across a small cat in my pathway along the road, and it just sat there, and I bent over and petted it, and said, "Little one, if I could take you home with me, I would."

I have so often thought about how we are placed here to practice those little random acts of kindness, even with the least of these, the world's animals, and how that at least for that one moment in time, that little kitty knew that someone cared enough to pause a moment and exercise a little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment