Tuesday, May 16, 2017

GIVING A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING


"You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."  But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you."    Matthew 5:43, 44

Share what you have, and you do have something: 

a smile, a hand or a word from God.

It's true that our life-styles, working hours, and personalities are entirely different, so it's not always easy to meet people and become more acquainted with them.

Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself."  I'm not sure He meant simply those who live next door.

We believe He wanted us to consider these resolves:

I will use the language of gentleness and not words that bite or tones that crush;

I will practice patience;

I will remember that my neighbors have burdens enough to carry without loading them with mine;

I will trade criticism for commendations;

I will gladden my nature by smiling out loud and freely using the "magic" words of "please" and "thank you."

The practice of these suggestions creates "soil" for further seed-sowing of our faith in Christ.  If we can be good neighbors, just maybe someone will listen to what we have to say!

Jean Brown
"Night Sounds" Radio/Internet Radio
Website: www.nightsoundsradio.org


No comments:

Post a Comment