Monday, December 26, 2016

BORN IN A STABLE. RAISED IN A CHICKEN COOP

Scripture tells us about Jesus’ humble birth. And it seems to be somehow incongruous that the Lord of the Heavens, the very God of the universe humbled Himself to take on flesh, much less to be born 

… in a stable!

As I was growing up, my parents made me privy to the story of my own humble birth. Well, to be fair I was born in a hospital, but I was literally raised 

… in a chicken coop!

For it seems the house for which my parents paid $12 or $15 monthly rent, while having been remodeled, had once been ...
a roost for chickens.

Strange, to have this much in common with Jesus.
***********

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 22. Copyright pending
If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment