Saturday, December 17, 2016

GOD'S AUTOGRAPH. PT. 2

Yes, I am privileged to possess the personal autographs of a myriad of famous and near famous military and political leaders of the past century.

And for the briefest of moments, each and every one of them

…thought of me.

I know I’m impressed! How about you?

However, as I thought about this particular topic today, it also occurred to me that there is One even greater than these, and who not only thought of me for the briefest of moments, but who thought of me from the beginning of the eons, and who is, even now, thinking of me.

And there will come a day when ‘every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.’ 

I can almost envision it. 

Those Big Fish from the Big Ponds who thought of me for the briefest of moments, and offered me what at the time was a valuable relic of their having done the most marvelous things in this world.

Neil Armstrong, Ted Kennedy, Mrs. Douglas MacArthur, Jimmy Doolittle, Paul Tibbets, Hillary Clinton and John Glenn; (minus their beloved titles). They’re all here. 

And as I look to my left, I see Will Smith and Grace Kelly, and to my right, Barack Obama and ‘Lady Gaga.’ And suddenly, Adolph Hitler’s name is called, and he steps forward for the pronouncement of his judgment; be it ill or good.

Some seem to be ready. Some not. 

And at that very moment, a spirit of gratitude wells up within me, and I reflect on the One who ‘loved me with an everlasting love,’ the One who was thinking of me before I put on substance, He who ‘kept my tears in a bottle’ and ‘knew the number of hairs on my head.’

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?


No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,


Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.


Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?


Whereas, the great and notable of this earth once took a moment to offer me their cursive monograms, the Creator of the universe, the Alpha and Omega, the Lord of lords and King of kings offered His Son as a sacrifice for my transgressions, and 

…has stamped His autograph on my very soul.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 47. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include the credit line, above 

************
 If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

No comments:

Post a Comment