Thursday, November 12, 2015

Only Wrecks Happen By Accident


It was just today that I noticed a post on Facebook written by a former intern and on the subject of Motivation. She mentioned that she hadn’t experienced a lot of motivation lately, but needed to (as I would say) “ante up and kick in.”

 

As a counselor and mentor I often share a simple, but profound truth. If you, or I or the guy next door waits ‘til an emotion we refer to as “motivation” envelopes them like a coat, well, we may be waiting ‘til we’re 103.

 

I go on to say that, “Motivation is highly over-rated.” You see, my friend, it’s not about some nebulous emotion. No, I believe it’s about doing what we do “On Purpose.”

 

There’s a wonderful verse I found which reads, “Commit your works unto the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.”  (Proverbs 16:3)

 

Thoughts are synonymous with feelings or mindsets. I believe God holds us accountable to, (paraphrased) “Do the right thing ‘til you feel like doing the right thing.”

 

On purpose living is where it’s at. Waiting for a particular feeling never gets the job done.

 

Yep. It’s all about doing what we do On Purpose.

 

Only wrecks happen by accident.
 
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 15. Copyright Volumes 1-15.

**Under penalty of law, do not share, copy or "save" this blog without including the credit line, above.
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment