Tuesday, November 17, 2015

O Dark Thirty


Recently I asked the owner of the company if he’d mind if I began giving a short devotion to the crew after the weekly safety meeting. You see, I’m a human resources manager with a small concrete construction company. My boss made me aware that in the past he had presented a devotional before the men set off for work.

Well, as a result over the last few months I have either read one of my own spiritual concoctions to the guys, or shared a bit of scripture, and expounded on the same.

Admittedly, all this ethereal insight is being generated at “O Dark Thirty,” well, 5am to be precise, and I have very little way of knowing how many of the crew are “sleeping standing up, and with their eyes open” at that ungodly hour.

But scripture tells us that God’s Word will not return void, and thus I’m hopeful a bit of my spiritual investment will have an irrevocable impact on my early risers.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 15. Copyright Volumes 1-15.

**Under penalty of law, do not share, copy or "save" this blog without including the credit line, above.

No comments:

Post a Comment