Monday, November 30, 2015

Crossing a Large Bridge in the Early Evening


My cousin's wife, Clara, posted the following blurb on a social media site today.

 

“Today going over the once dreaded Dames Point Bridge, I looked at my grandson and said, "You know it doesn't seem as big as it once did." He said, "That's because you've gone over so many times and it doesn't seem that big anymore." I remember the first time I went over that bad boy. Kelsey and I were driving down, traveling along, and I saw those lights on the water. I said, "Kels, what is that?" She answered, "A bridge Nanny." I just about froze. That thing seemed huge. I had gone through Orange Park, had made the loop, and was headed back to Alma. I called my daughter, Susan and found out I had to go back over that thing. And I realized every time I went from that time on, I had to go over it. Well, having driven over it many now, it just isn’t that big anymore. I thought about the obstacles we sometimes meet up with. Once we learn to deal with them, they just aren’t that big anymore.” (Clara Ring)h to me. I had gone through Orange Park, had made the loop, was headed back to Alma. Called Susan and found out I had to go back over that thing. Also realized every time I went from that time on, I'd have to go over it. Well many times later it just isn't that big now. I thought about the obstacles we sometimes meet up with. Once we learn to deal with them.. they just aren't that big anymore.

 

As a Christian, I think the cares of this life are a lot like that old bridge.

 

I once said something similar in a sermon.

 

“Life has a way of beating you down, and God knows, I have endured some sickness, suffering, poverty and pain. But you know, when some significant trials have befallen me over the past several years; somehow it’s gotten easier. And I think it has a lot to do with my expectation of heaven, and life eternal.

 

… The closer it gets, the easier it becomes.”
 
By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 16. Copyright Pending.
 
Please do not copy, share or "save" unless you include the credit line, above

 

No comments:

Post a Comment