Sunday, July 7, 2019

RUNNING THE RACE


“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.” (Hebrews 12:1-2)



I was running the required Army two mile run once, and I was always a little heavy and a little slow. Of course, there was a certain time allowance. About half way through the run this leaner, meaner, faster guy came up behind me, and offered to pace me a bit. He ran with me maybe a few hundred yards potentially sacrificing his own time, as he was younger and would have had a lower time requirement. As a result of his sacrifice of himself I reached the goal line with just seconds to spare.

I think we are supposed to live our lives like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment