Friday, July 12, 2019

REACHING THE STARS (a.k.a. My Potential Influence on a Hollywood Star)


I will never forget Andy Bos; a 90+ year old man who attended our local church, and who happened to be the grandfather of the well-known television and movie star, Taylor Lautner; (who appeared in the popular "Twilight" film series).

Time would fail me to provide you an understanding of the quality and quantity of Andy’s life and spirituality. Suffice it to say that he was a wonderful man who was taken up with Jesus Christ, his Savior, and looked forward to his long-awaited home in heaven. (In the last few days of his life, it was my distinct privilege to stand by his bed, and sing a couple of hymns to him. And as I did what I could to make his final journey easier, Andy raised his frail hands and whispered, “Hallelujah. Hallelujah.”)

A year or two prior to my friend’s death, I was provided the opportunity to teach a couple of Wednesday night series at my church, and Andy was faithful to attend. It happens that all our services are taped, and Mr. Bos made me aware that he always made a point to pick up one of my teaching cd’s at the end of each of my presentations.

More than once as I was chatting with him, Andy would smile and say,

“Brother Royce, you know my grandson is the actor Taylor Lautner. I have been sending him copies of your Wednesday night messages.”

To which I, no doubt, responded,

“Well, I hope he takes time to listen to them.”

(And I truly hope he has taken time to both listen, and reflect on his eternal destiny).

On this side of heaven we will never fully realize the impact which we may, as believers, be afforded.

Only eternity will tell the tale.


by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment