Friday, September 22, 2017

POWERING UP THE GRID. Pt. 3



Did I mention those old North Carolina boys have been thoroughly impressed with the treatment the City of Bartow, and its citizens have extended towards them?

(Well, they have).

I mean all you have to do is ask them; (and a couple of television reporters did).

A older lineman named, “John” gave the following testimonial.

“I have NEVER done contract work like this, anywhere, where I have been treated SO well by the local folk. I mean, can you imagine people washing your clothes, and feeding you three squares a day?”

His regional twang became more noticeable now.

“I told my wife about what was going on down here, and well, we’ve decided that when my work is finally done, …we’re retiring in Bartow!”

A different network interviewed a younger lineman, and “Matthew” said something just as surprising.

“I just can’t believe a place like this still exists. The people of this town have been SO good to us, and I can tell you there are some pretty fine looking young ladies in Bartow. And…I’ve decided I’m going to move down here and marry one of them!”

Did I mention the little community of Bartow is a pretty idyllic place?

(Yeah, I thought I did).


by William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 70. Copyright pending
If you wish to copy, share or 'save' please include the credit

No comments:

Post a Comment