Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A LIFE OF EXCELLENCE


**One of my interns asked me to characterize a life of excellence, and how, after all, does one achieve such a lofty status. Following is my response:

I think it is paramount to have a grasp of the plans that God dreamed for you or me before he made the worlds, and to make a decision to set about fulfilling those plans. I believe we need to discover the talents which lie dormant within us, and involve ourselves in a season of preparation which predisposes us to fulfill God's plans. I believe living out a life of excellence involves setting priorities and seldom allowing the good to superimpose itself on the best. I believe excellence involves an ongoing set of decisions and subsequent actions. I believe achieving excellence requires us to die to self and devote ourselves to impacting those whom God has set in our pathway.

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)


No comments:

Post a Comment