Friday, September 8, 2017

LADY GAG GAG


As I brought up my Explorer homepage today, I noticed a piece on Lady Gaga, featuring her photo, and while I was prone to move forward to my social media page, I took time to read the caption.

“Lady Gaga’s Pain”

And I immediately thought,

“What pain? What trouble? What tears?”

(and)

“That ole girl cries all the way to the bank.”

I mean, I’ve never liked the woman. She’s obviously a Publicity Hound, and from all I know and have seen, she and Miley Cyrus run pretty much neck and neck for their physical and moral vulgarity.

I have long since quit calling this secular woman by her trade name; Lady Gaga. I call her “Lady GagGag,” ‘cause she makes me want to gag.

But I readily admit it. Today I experienced somewhat of an epiphany. For you see, the article with which I momentarily involved myself contains an interview with the musical icon, and in it the so-called Lady Gaga shares her battle with pain; namely, Rheumatoid Arthritis.

And no sooner had I came across this article, and began reading it, than I did something very unlike me; at least in terms of my least favorite people on the earth.

I teared up.

I suddenly felt compassion for the musical icon. For all of my prejudice against her agenda and her kind of ‘music,’ I sensed an empathy for “The Lady” that I have never experienced in terms of a person whom I neither like, nor respect.

While I took very little time to read all that much of the interview, I read enough of it to pick up on one of Lady Gaga’s medical interventions to which she regularly resorts. It seems she has her own sauna, and the use of it allows her to gain some relief from her excruciating pain.

And whereas, she has everything that money can buy, it occurs to me that no amount of money is worth the presence of chronic pain, nor could I wish to trade places with someone, for all their wealth, who suffers such a condition.

And whether Lady Gaga, or Madonna, or Lindsey Lohan, or Miley Cyrus the foregoing article reminds me that I should not only empathize for such a person’s physical maladies, but for their very soul; and that I should pray for them.

I think I will never think of Lady G. the same way again.


(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 67. By William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending. 

If you wish to copy, save or share, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment