Thursday, June 1, 2017

KFC CHICKEN OR LIBERACE. Pt. 2 of 4


(See Pt. 1)

Yep. That is one amazing chicken.

As a young boy, I would watch my grandmother behead chickens in celebration of our annual visit; (and watched them momentarily run around minus that vital body part). I can tell you that while I loved those fried drumsticks, I was a bit dubious about what it took to bring that meal to fruition. All that to say, I once heard about a 1940’s era chicken destined for the frying pan which, when its head was wacked off on the chopping block, didn’t exactly go “the way of all flesh;” (and lived a bit longer than the ones destined for my grandmother’s table).

While “Old Mike” most assuredly lost his head, it seems his brain stem, and juggler vein remained intact, and he didn’t immediately succumb to the “insult on his intelligence.” And thus, the unfortunate fowl’s master began to feed him kernels of corn through his ugly neck wound, and administered liquids through an eye dropper.

And recognizing a good thing which he saw it, the owner of the hapless bird decided to cash in on the creature, and contracted with state fairs throughout the nation; earning multiplied thousands of dollars for his efforts. Unfortunately, (at least for “Farmer Jones,”) Old Mike finally passed away 18 months after his original execution (and consumption) date.

Another amazing chicken.

However, since at the time I was an infant, and never witnessed the accomplishments of this wonderful bird, I can only speak for what I saw with my own eyes, (and heard with my own ears).

The virtuoso piano-playing barnyard (KFC quality) chicken!!!

*to be continued


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 56. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line. 

***********
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All of my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin

No comments:

Post a Comment