Saturday, June 10, 2017

I DON'T HAVE ANY...


As I was lying back in my easy chair this afternoon and watching the latest liberal news on the Donald Trump & Russia investigation, my wife said,

“I don’t have no energy.”

Somehow, both my daughter and I managed to misinterpret the last word in my wife’s exclamation.

And almost in unison, I said,

“You don’t have no religion?”

And my daughter responded,

“You don’t have no emotions?”

A very strange scenario, I admit, but this is how it fell together.

And it occurred to me that the three variables to which we had been referring, religion, emotion, and energy, are irrevocably intertwined.

For you see, I think that people sometimes give themselves permission, for a lack of commitment (energy) or feeling (emotion) to violate the standards of the religion which they claim to hold so dear.


by William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary, Vol. 57. Copyright Pending.

If you wish to share, copy or 'save', please include the credit line, above
********
Due to a design flaw on this blogsite, if you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 & 2016, you will need to do the following:

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blogs will come up in the right margin.

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blogs will come up in the right margin.

“He just walked up and started rubbing against my leg and let me pet him. I broke down crying, burst into tears. Maybe he knew there was something I couldn’t quite handle,” said Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment