Saturday, October 22, 2016

SIMON IS ME. I AM SIMON. Pt. 3

(See Pts. 1 & 2)

Jeff and Ginger S., dear friends of mine, are world travelers, and they recently vacationed in Israel. Prior to leaving Ginger asked what she could bring back to me from the land of Jesus’ life and atonement.

Without so much as a pause, I said,

“A stone. I want a stone. But not just any stone. I would like you to bring me back a stone from the general vicinity of the Garden Tomb of Christ.”

Of course, she immediately acquiesced, and upon their return I was presented with a small, non-descript beige-colored stone from the Tomb of Jesus; along with rocks from the shores of the Sea of Galilee, Mt. Sinai and Mt. Nebo.

I carry it with me everywhere I go; in my right front pants pocket. It is a constant reminder of our Lord’s sacrificial death and His resurrection from the dead. I call it my ‘Resurrection Stone.” 

Sometimes the cross is heavy. Sometimes I get proverbial splinters in my hands, arms and back. Sometimes I’m close to putting it down, and shouting, “It’s just too d_ _ _ _ _ hard.”

But time and again, God has provided strength for the day and bright hope for tomorrow, and I keep walking. And somehow, I think it’s getting easier the closer I get to my eternal home. 


Christ’ words reverberate across the expanse of time.

“Take up your cross and follow me.”

Simon is me. I am Simon.


  By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 44. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
**************
 If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment