Thursday, October 27, 2016

THE NON-NEWS NETWORK

For some reason unbeknownst to me I find myself drawn to CNN.
I simply cannot understand why I insist on dialing up this non-news network again and again. But I do. Perhaps it’s because I enjoy the dialogue we enjoy together. I characterize it as a dialogue because I find myself, unashamedly, talking back to the talking heads.

CNN’s bias comes to the fore like never before every four years. (Catchy phrase, huh)? While I dislike DT (almost) as much as I detest HC, (and would prefer ‘wasting a vote’ writing my own name on the ballot, than awarding it to one of these characters), in this case, it’s the principle that counts.

CNN, the so-called ‘Cable News Network’

…is not. 

It seems two thirds of their coverage of the presidential election involves panel discussions, and ‘the deck’ is always stacked against ‘The Donald.’ A three person panel contains two liberals and one conservative. An eight person panel contains five liberals and two conservatives and one ‘middle of the roader.’ And whether Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon or my cousin, Erin, is leading the discussion, he or she seems to do the best he or she can to ‘shut down’ and nay-say the conservative voice. (I’m biased, but I think my lady cousin tends to be the fairest among the three).

At any rate, it never ceases to amaze me how much time is being devoted to defeating the Republican candidate. In spite of Hillary’s involvement in the Benghazi Affair, Private Server-Gate and the destruction of 30,000+ emails, as well as our daily diet of Wiki-leaks, it seems CNN has given her a proverbial pass to the presidency, (as they did Obama before her). And yes, I believe DT did do the things of which he is accused since he has been heard on a certain video segment bragging about similar behavior.

However, whereas HC’s discrepancies are alluded to all of .5 hours a day, DT is front and center the remaining 23.5 hours. And I can tell you, the ‘news’ from Atlanta is anything but complementary.

If HC manages to re-acquaint herself with The White House I think she owes the stock holders and powers that be at CNN a huge presidential dinner, and whatever perks her devious personality and equally demented abilities can come up with.


 By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 44. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
**************
 If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment