Friday, September 23, 2016

Two Shih Tzu's & a Basketball Coach. Pt. 1



I fancy myself not only a dreamer of dreams, (as are we all) but an interpreter of dreams.


I dreamed one the other night that ‘took the (proverbial) cake’ for the strangeness of its symbolism. 


In the dream I found myself walking across a college or NBA basketball court, dozens of players practicing what they did best, and 


…with a Shih Tzu under each arm.


And it occurs to me that it is not at all uncommon that I should dream a dream which involved Shih Tzu’s and a multiple of two since during the course of the past twenty years I have owned a couple of the little critters; for ‘my money’ the cutest breed of canine out there. However, the presence of a basketball court and players seemed as paradoxical to me as the presence of the pet pooches was familiar.


As the dream fell together there was little doubt I was a man on a mission; for I knew where I was going and I would not be denied. I barely noticed the basketball players as I wound my way through their practice session, and towards a lone individual who stood on the other side of the hardwood floor. 


Stepping up to a fairly non-descript man who, as I intuitively perceived, bore the same surname as my own, (and performed the function of a coach), I made my request.


“I would like to offer these little guys to you as mascots for your team. Would you mind if I left them with you?”


And it was here that the dream ended, (or at least it may as well have concluded for my having any ongoing ability to recall it).

One rule which accompanies the interpretation of dreams is to avoid making it any more difficult than it has to be.


And thus, it might be helpful here to mention my almost obsessive regard for three particular variables:


Heritage. Destiny. Legacy


We receive a heritage. We live out a destiny. We leave a legacy

As I so often inform my understudies, I have counseled thousands, taught hundreds and mentored dozens. And it has been my distinct honor and privilege to have done so, and to continue to do so.


(to be continued)

 By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 43. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
**************
 
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment