Friday, September 23, 2016

Two Shih Tzu's & a Basketball Coach. Pt. 3



But to return to my dream.


As I brought a previous segment of this blog to a conclusion I mentioned one of the most basic rules to interpreting a dream. You shouldn’t make it any more complicated than necessary. A second rule? More often than not, the symbolism of the dream mirrors the circumstances of one’s own life.


And given the foregoing two rules, the symbolism of my dreams, and a couple of days in which to ponder the same, I have been left with only one possible interpretation.


The two Shih Tzu’s, pet pooches which were so near and dear and familiar to me, are symbolic of 


…my Legacy, and the subsequent Legacies of those whom I have impacted during the course of my life. 


The basketball court represents the proverbial stage which we call ‘Life.’ The basketball players represent my fellow human beings; those whom God has set in my pathway, as well as billions of others who inhabit the earth. 


The basketball coach who bears my surname is none other than


…God, Himself.


And it occurs to me that He is after all, my heavenly Father, and thus it is no wonder, (at least in terms of my dream) that my name has been derived from Him. 


My offer of the two Shih Tzu’s, and encouragement that the ‘Coach’ take them on as mascots?


The interpretation of this facet of the dream is altogether logical to me.


It is here that I offer up my Legacy, and the Legacies of them whom God has set in my pathway, to my dear Father in heaven.

The gift of my life, and the lives whom I have impacted, and the impact which He has afforded me, and subsequently them on the earth.



And I think that I will be one of millions who will be afforded the inestimable opportunity to present our gifts to the Creator. I can see one after one stepping up to the throne of God and laying the spiritual wherewithal of their lives to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.


I have imagined a moment in time and time eternal when one or the other of Christ’ apostles calls my name, and I step forward, humbly bend my knee, lay my gifts at His feet, and quickly fade into the great throng which surrounds the throne.



Two Shih Tzu’s and a Basketball Coach


  By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 43. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
**************
 
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment