Thursday, September 22, 2016

Not the One Who Moved

Hard to imagine. I ‘walked that old sawdust trail’ a full half century ago; as of next year. At that time, I came to what is referred to as ‘a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ’ and my life has never been the same.
Sadly though, thousands upon thousands who have once ‘walked in the way’ have ‘fallen by the wayside.’ And I’m convinced that the majority have, at the very least, left the established church, (if not their faith) as the result of having been hurt by a fellow Christian or church-related event, or simply having grown up and away from the faith they were taught to know and love by one or both of their parents.
As scripture admonishes us, “These things ought not to be.”
A man and a woman were going down the road one day. John was driving the car. Jill was up against the passenger door of the car. Suddenly, Jill spoke.
“You know John, I remember when we were driving down the road we were like two peas in a pod; right up against each other.”
And she ‘went on and on’ about the subject, ending with,
“Sad. It’s not that way anymore.”
With this, John grinned a wry grin, looked over at Jill, and responded.
“Well, I’m not the one who moved!”
And very much like this little illustration,
…God isn’t the One who moved.
My friend, if you have moved to the other side of the proverbial car, scoot back over. The Master is waiting for you. Or if you have gotten out of the vehicle altogether, open the door and get back in. I have a feeling the heavenly Driver will be glad to pull over for you.


 By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 43. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
**************
 
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment