Saturday, March 31, 2018

EVEN A BROKEN CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY


Today is, if it can properly be referred to it this way, Easter Eve. A very special season of the year when we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the gift of eternal life.

Speaking of eternal life, (and I don’t mean to be sacrilegious) the two liberal cable news networks have invested eternal life in their 24/7/365 coverage of our sitting president.

I mean, you have a couple of broadcasting companies who claim to offer the public newsworthy programming, but which, since the election of Donald Trump, have never ceased to focus on his and his administration’s discrepancies.

To be sure, I didn’t vote for “The Donald,” and I don’t like him even a little bit, I recognize just how unprepared he was to assume the reins of this high office, I never cease to marvel at his tweets, I am awestruck with the shenanigans of his cabinet members, and the speed with which he changes out members of his inner circle; almost as quickly as he changes underwear. (I presume he does this on a daily basis). For a man who claimed he was going to “drain the swamp,”…well, now I think he has added a few thousand crocodiles and a buncha rotting vegetation.

Nevertheless, this never-ending coverage of the Great Communicator, (I mean Great Tweeter) is way over the top, and I can only wonder how the news anchors and reporters of CNN and MS-NBC stand themselves. The negativity they continue to spout has to be changing the color and consistency of their internal organs.

After all, even a broken clock is right twice a day. But you can listen to what DT refers to as “The Fact News” throughout the course of a day and night, and not hear one positive perspective about our current Commander in Chief.

Good, bad or indifferent, I suppose we will continue to be exposed to this 24/7/365 rant against our president ‘til a Democrat moves into the White House. Only then will CNN have any hope of reassuming its status, (as James Earl Jones claims in the opening credits), “The most trusted name in news.” (Of course, CNN commissioned the voice of Darth Vader to read those lines, so they might be a bit biased).

No comments:

Post a Comment