Tuesday, November 22, 2016

THE SCARLETT O'HARA SYNDROME. Pt. III


There are people among us whom, I believe, have too much in common with the fictional character, Scarlett O’Hara, of the movie, “Gone With the Wind.”

As the movie is well on its way to a conclusion, we see Scarlett musing about the state of her dilapidated plantation, and as she reflects on ‘what comes next,’ she is heard to say,


“I’ll just have to think about that tomorrow.”


I admit it’s a rather trite and well-used phrase, but “There are no tomorrows.” Whatever God has set in our hearts to do we have to do 


…today.


I have often used the phrase, “Motivation is highly overrated” (because) “Motivation is little more than a feeling” (and) “If we wait ‘til we ‘feel like it’ we may be 103.”


I think we need to do what we need to do because it needs to be done.


My friends, I think we’re all guilty of falling into the State of Stuckness, and we are too close to avoiding the destiny God had in mind for us, as individuals, before He made the worlds.


I have an adage I have often shared with clients. 


"Change is only possible when the rewards associated with the future are deemed greater than the convenience associated with the present."


Too many people are too taken up with short term satisfaction while conveniently ignoring the ultimate calamity of long term results.


If we are to have any hope of achieving all that God planned for you and me, before He made the worlds, we desperately need to grab hold of that proverbial rope, and pull ourselves out of the morass of convenience and procrastination.



By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 25. Copyright pending 
 
 If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
*************
 If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

No comments:

Post a Comment